Call for SRC
The ACM Student Research Competition (SRC)ACM MobiCom 2019 will host an ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) alongside the Posters Program. SRC offers graduate and undergraduate students an opportunity to present their original research, and rewards outstanding student research. It aims to give students an opportunity to meet with conference attendees and distinguished researchers to receive feedback on their research.
- SRC has two categories - Graduate Research and Undergraduate Research:
- Graduate Research: Entries in the graduate category are open to Masters or PhD candidates. Only individual research contributions are eligible for SRC. Multi-author submissions are allowed but students should be prepared to present (and will be evaluated on) their own contribution to the project.
- Undergraduate Research: Team projects are accepted from undergraduate students. The team must designate one of the undergraduate authors for presentation at the conference.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in a university.
- Valid ACM student membership is required for the designated student presenter.
Selection ProcessThe first round of selection is held with the MobiCom poster session, where SRC participants also present their posters to the judges. Entries are judged based on: (i) Motivation of the research, (ii) Background work, (iii) Approach, (iv) Results and contributions to the field of mobile systems. Selected students will advance to the second round, where they will give a 10-minute presentation on their research, followed by a 5-minute question and answer period.
Competitors should be prepared to attend the Poster Session and, if selected for the second round, to give a short talk about their research projects. The top three finalists will be announced at MobiCom 2019.