Travel LogisticsACM MobiCom 2019 will be held in beautiful Los Cabos, Mexico from October 21 - October 25, 2019. Los Cabos is an amazing region full of must-see attractions and beaches to be discovered. For instance, you can go to El Arco de Cabo San Lucas and its Bay, discover the Chileno Beach, visit and dine at Flora Farm, and see San José del Cabo main square. You can also explore many other beautiful places such as the Parroquia of San José, Santa Maria Beach, Playa del Amor, Wild Canyon Adventures in Cabo San Lucas. We have more information about Los Cabos here.
Conference HotelThe conference will take place at a very highly rated all inclusive resort with excellent food, 4 swimming pools to relax in, and great access to a beautiful beach. We will announce the name of the hotel and provide instructions to make reservations soon. We highly encourage you to stay at the conference hotel for several reasons:
- The committee has secured exclusive room rates for conference attendees. These rates are significantly lower than standard rates. The rates are much lower, in part, because your conference registration will cover all food and beverages during the conference at this all inclusive resort. There are 7-8 restaurants and bars on the property. Eat as much as you want, drink as much as you want - it is all included. This resort is rated highly for the quality and variety of the food.
- Other hotels that are within a reasonable commute of the conference will be significantly more expensive, and in many cases not as nice. Most hotels are not on the beach. Ours is.
- There will be conference technical and social activities that run well into the night and travel to/from a remote hotel late at night and early in the morning can be challenging to say the least.
- Staying at the conference hotel significantly helps the conference and SIGMOBILE financially. The conference committed to a fairly large room block and is required to pay the hotel for any unused rooms.
SJD AirportThe closest airport to the hotel is the SJD Los Cabos International Airport. SJD Airport is located 24.5 km (about 15 miles) from the resort, situated at the southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula. SJD has direct flights to many major cities in the United States and Canada.
Los Cabos International Airport
Visa RequirementsFor international travel to Mexico:
- You must have a valid non-expired passport or travel document from your country.
- You do not require a visa to enter Mexico if you are a citizen of the countries listed here: Visa policy of Mexico: Visa_exemption
- You do not require a visa to enter Mexico if you have a valid current multiple entry visa or permanent residency of any of these countries: United States of America, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom or Schengen area (European Union). Note, an expired visa from these countries is not valid.
- People from Russia, Turkey, or Ukraine that do not fall into a category above and are traveling by air need only fill out an electronic authorization (link) form prior to arrival.